vegetablesWA have a range of resources to assist growers with their business. These include articles in our magazine WA Grower, Good Practice Guides and other information.
Good Practice Guides
At vegetablesWA we believe any practice that helps us achieve high yields of good quality produce, with minimal impact on the environment, is a good practice.
This Good Practice Guide, produced by vegetablesWA, forms part of a project funded by investment from the Australian and State Governments.
For further information on the Good Practice Guide contact us by phone: 9481 0834 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vegenotes is a series of factsheets covering a wide range of on-farm topics that are important to vegetable growers. These fact sheets provide technical information in an easy-to-read format and help researchers communicate their project outcomes with growers. Vegenotes is distributed bi-monthly with Vegetables Australia magazine.
Latest HIA Vegenotes Factsheets
Click on a cover below for more information on latest issues of Vegenotes.
Horticulture Code of Conduct
The Horticulture Code is a mandatory industry code prescribed under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010. Growers and traders trading in horticulture produce must comply with the Horticulture Code.
Traders can be either:
- merchants – who purchase produce for the purpose of resale
- agents – who sell produce on behalf of growers for a commission or fee.
The Code does not apply to:
- nursery products – including trees, plants, seeds and flowers
- retailers – businesses buying produce for retail sale
- exporters – businesses buying the produce for export
- processors – businesses buying the produce for processing.
Farmers Guide to Land Access and Templates
The guide is part of a package of information designed to make negotiations easier and co-existence simpler. This supporting information makes it easier for farmers to be directly involved in the negotiating process – but it isn’t a replacement for specialist advice on legal, financial and agricultural matters.
The package includes:
- An agreement template which can be used as a model for individual agreements between property owners and oil and gas companies;
- A summary of key laws and regulations covering exploration;
- A checklist of some of the issues the land holder needs to know – and questions which need to be asked;
- A brief introduction to typical exploration programs; and
- Contacts for more information.
APC-VPC Applications now open!
The APC-VPC are currently inviting vegetable industry stakeholders, including vegetable growers to apply for fee for service funding for projects that will benefit the vegetable industry in Western Australia.
Applications will close on the 4th of March 2016.
Download the application and send it to email@example.com