vegetablesWA have a range of resources to assist growers with their business. These include articles in our magazine WA Grower, Good Practice Guides and other information.
Good Practice Guides
At vegetablesWA we believe any practice that helps us achieve high yields of good quality produce, with minimal impact on the environment, is a good practice.
This Good Practice Guide, produced by vegetablesWA, forms part of a project funded by investment from the Australian and State Governments.
For further information on the Good Practice Guide contact us by phone: 9481 0834 or email: email@example.com.
Vegenotes is a series of factsheets covering a wide range of on-farm topics that are important to vegetable growers. These fact sheets provide technical information in an easy-to-read format and help researchers communicate their project outcomes with growers. Vegenotes is distributed bi-monthly with Vegetables Australia magazine.
Latest HIA Vegenotes Factsheets
Click on a cover below for more information on latest issues of Vegenotes.
Horticulture Code of Conduct
The Horticulture Code is a mandatory industry code prescribed under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010. Growers and traders trading in horticulture produce must comply with the Horticulture Code.
Traders can be either:
- merchants – who purchase produce for the purpose of resale
- agents – who sell produce on behalf of growers for a commission or fee.
The Code does not apply to:
- nursery products – including trees, plants, seeds and flowers
- retailers – businesses buying produce for retail sale
- exporters – businesses buying the produce for export
- processors – businesses buying the produce for processing.