Efficient Sand Integration

Water Supply

Irrigation - Water Supply

Water Licenses

In Western Australia in proclaimed ground water management areas (which includes all of the Swan Coastal Plain), under the Rights in Water and Irrigation Act, it is illegal to take water from a watercourse or groundwater aquifer without a water licence. Before buying a property or expanding production check with the Department of Water (www.water.wa.gov.au) (phone 6364 7600) regarding availability of water licences.

A map (pdf format) of groundwater management areas in Western Australia (courtesy Department of Water) is here http://portal.water.wa.gov.au/portal/page/portal/LicensingWaterIndustryServices/Licensing/Proclamation/Content/RiWI%20GWAs.pdf